Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Friday, August 19, 2011

The things we don't know

I want to thank everyone who took the time to not only read my memoir, but to write something and post it on Goodreads or Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I am trying to purchase the book of anyone I have met here in bloggydom, but I'm not sure I have posted reviews on each one. I am going to backtrack and make sure I do that now, because it is one surefire way we can support each other. Thank you from the bottom of my heart - I'm not going to list names because I don't want to leave anyone out, but you all know who you are.
Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I am half way through your book and I can relate to some of the locations in the beginning, I was in New York in May this year, went through Bronx, also queens and also passed a sign Bridgeport, here in the UK we have a fishing town called BRIDPORT,.I think it is an excellent book and am looking forward each night to read more. I can't leave a feedback on Amazon as I didn't buy it there.
How do I leave feedback when I have finished it?
Have a great week-end.
Yvonne.

Dafeenah said...

I tried to read it but the computer gods ate it :( I'm sure it's wonderful though

L.G.Smith said...

It's in my TBR pile. Should get to it soon. I'm stuck on a thick fantasy novel at the moment that I may give up on.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. your book is here for me to read ... and I will get to it - as I feel it will be essential reading.

I don't have a book out .. so you can skip past me! But I do think that's a lovely gesture .. and will do much to support other bloggers ..

Cheers Hilary

Stephen Tremp said...

Its great to get that support in Blogdom! Bloggers sure are a great bunch! Best wishes for your continued success with Following The Whispers!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your book was very powerful and captivating, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, thank you for these words - I don't think you have to have bought the book on Amazon to leave a review, but there is also Goodreads. That's all I know of. Thanks for thinking of that.
Dafeenah, I'll resend it.
L.G. my TBR pile is so high it aches to look at it.
Hilary, thank you so much for your support.
Stephen, yup, yup, yup
Alex, wow - thank you. Was it really your first memoir?
Karen

Suze said...

Hi Karen,

I ordered your book for my friend in Oregon, sent it to her, and she wrote me shortly after saying she'd sped through it because it was something she could so easily really relate to.

Thought you'd want to know that.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Pits, I don't think I've done that yet...

KarenG said...

I know just what you mean. Those reviews are priceless!

Jules said...

I have not bought your book yet but as soon as I have steady income I WILL!

Blogger decided to let me speak. :)
Have a great weekend, Karen.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Karen Walker said...

Suze, that makes my heart sing - thank you for sharing.
Diane and Karen, yup
Jules, I'll send you one if you like
Karen

Pk Hrezo said...

Awesome, Karen! I'm sending one of your books out to my friend Florence today.
Congrats on the reviews! :)

Talli Roland said...

Yours is on my list, Karen. I know - I'm trying to keep up and support everyone, too! Reading as quickly as I can. :)

Karen Walker said...

PK, that's awesome - thank you.
Talli, I know, it's hard.
Karen

Liz Fichera said...

Thank you for writing such a powerful memoir. It was an honor to read it.

Karen Walker said...

Liz, thank you for wanting to and for these words - you have no idea what that means to me
Karen


View My Stats